Multi-activity centre planned
Councillors have agreed to invest £13.8 million of capital funding into developing Midlothian Snowsports Centre into an all-year-round, multi-activity leisure facility.
Open for business
The centre will remain open during the phased development, which could include:
- Alpine coaster
- Infrastructure upgrades – additional car parking and upgrading of access road to two lanes
- New reception building for Snowsports Centre
- Food court and function space
- Associated retail space – open plan space for one or more tenants
- Glamping tourist accommodation in wigwams
- Activity dome with high ropes and soft play
- Freestyle jump slope upgrade and extension
- Hotel development opportunity
As part of a pre-application notice, before any formal planning application is submitted, we held a public event on Monday January 28.
Your views will help shape any formal planning application, which could be submitted in early spring.
Please note the above computer generated image is only to give people an idea of what the centre could look like.