Residential disabled parking places
To apply for a place, you need:
- a valid Blue Badge
- a suitable vehicle registered to your address
- and your home does not have an accessible garage or driveway.
- When you park in an enforceable space, your Blue Badge must be visible or you could receive a penalty notice from the Police.
- If a disabled parking place is painted on the street outside your house, other Blue Badge holders may use it.
Or if you prefer, download and print the application form (PDF)
Return the paper form to:
Dalkeith EH22 1DN
After we receive your form
We will decide whether or not you meet the criteria for a disabled parking space. If not, we will write to you explaining the reasons for this.
If you do meet the criteria:
- An inspector will visit you at home to discuss where you prefer your parking space to be. If you are out, the inspector will assess the most appropriate location for it.
- We will send you a plan by post for approval, showing the proposed place.
- When you have approved the plan, we will send it to our road marking contractor. At this stage your parking space is "advisory only" and the Police cannot enforce it yet.
- We will advertise the plan and invite objections. If anyone objects, this will delay the process until a decision is made.
Due to demand, there is a backlog of “advisory” spaces waiting to begin the legal process to make them enforceable by the Police.
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Public roads in Midlothian
- Road occupation permit application forms
- Skip permit application form
- Road excavation application forms and specifications
- Tables and chairs application form
- Roads and pavements standards
- Application forms to construct a new road
- Winter service policy and operational plan
- Cycling - commuting by bike.
- Businesses and organisations welcoming cyclists in Midlothian
- Road Services standard drawings
- Road safety and action plans
- Priority gritting routes map
- Disabled persons parking places
- Winter parking restrictions
- Grit bins in Midlothian