These links are to relevant websites for further information/guidance. We are not responsible for the content of external websites.
- BBA - British Board of Agrément - one of the UK's leading notified bodies offering approval, certification and test services.
- Building Standards Division of the Scottish Government - manages building standards legislation and guidance documents, and all relevant information can be accessed on the website.
- BRE - Building Research Establishment - the main UK building research organisation
- Care Inspectorate - makes sure that care service providers meet national standards and works to improve the quality of care.
- Coal Authority - provides reports on coal mining, subsidence claims and natural subsidence hazards.
- Glass and Glazing Federation - represents companies who make, supply or fit, glass and glazing products in the UK and internationally.
- Health Protection Agency (HPA) - Radon - as Midlothian has been identified as an area having radon gas potential, a risk report from HPA confirms if protective works are required or not.
- Health and Safety Executive (Building Control) - HSE's aim is to prevent death, injury and ill health in workplaces.
- Historic Scotland - an executive agency of the Scottish Government charged with safeguarding the nation's historic environment and promoting its understanding and enjoyment.
- LABSS (Local Authority Building Standards Scotland) - represents Scotland's 32 local authority building standards verifiers in Scotland. The LABSS Resource Library provides access to an extensive library of technical guides and FAQs.
- Midlothian Access Panel - acts as a forum to improve physical access and wider social inclusion for people in Midlothian.
- NHBC (National House Builders Council) - the largest home construction warranty and insurance provider for new homes in the UK.
- Registered Details - provides registrations of components, products and innovative designs acceptable throughout the whole of the UK.
- SBSC (Scottish Building Services Certification) - an information portal to support the delivery of the certification requirements of The Building (Scotland) Act 2003.
- Scottish Water - provides water and waste water services throughout Scotland.
- SEPA (Scottish Environment Protection Agency) - is Scotland's environmental regulator and aims to protect and improve the environment.
- STAS (Scottish Type Approval Scheme) - approval for standard domestic and non-domestic buildings to be built anywhere in Scotland.
Approved Certifier of Design scheme:
- BRE (Building Research Establishment) - scheme members (usually energy assessors) design and issue certification for the Energy components of your building work.
- RIAS (Royal Incorporation of Architects) - scheme members (usually energy assessors) design and issue certification for the Energy components of your building work.
- SER (Structural Engineers Registration Ltd) - scheme members (usually structural engineers) design and issue certification for the Structures components of your building work.
Approved Certifier of Construction scheme:
- NICEIC (National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting) - scheme members (usually electricians) undertake work and issue certification for electrical installations.
- SELECT (trade association for electrical contracting in Scotland) - scheme members (usually electricians) undertake work and issue certification for electrical installations.
- SNIPEF (Scottish and Northern Ireland Plumbing Employers Federation) - scheme members (usually plumbers) undertake work and issue certification for drainage/heating/plumbing.
- CABE - Chartered Association of Building Engineers
- CIAT - Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists
- CIOB - Chartered Institute of Building
- ICE - Institution of Civil Engineers
- IStructE - Institution of Structural Engineers
- RIAS - Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland
- RIBA - Royal Institute of British Architects
- RICS - Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors