Spending on council services
The council's budget and council tax for 2019/20 and the savings programme for 2019/20 were agreed at the full Council Meeting on 12 February 2019. (See agenda item 8.3).
The 2019/20 budget provides for spending on services of £215.8 million.
At a meeting of the full council on Tuesday 12 February 2019, councillors also agreed to increase council tax by 4.79 per cent from 1 April 2019, raising the Band D equivalent tax from £1,283 to £1,344 a year
- Find out more about Council Tax and the Tax Band your house is in.
- See our Council Tax factsheet 2019/20 (PDF) for more on council spending and where the money comes from.
Medium term financial strategy
On 25 June 2019, councillors approved the council's first Medium Term Financial Strategy. This sets out how the council will bridge the projected funding gap of £4.6 million for 2020/21 and goes a significant way to addressing the projected funding gap of £18.8 million predicted by 2022/23.
- Our medium term financial strategy (agenda item 8.3 with report at bottom of page)
- More about the strategy
Our budget consultation
Our estimates show that Midlothian Council will need £214.7 million to fund services in 2020/21 rising to £233.191 in 2022/23. The projected funding available already incorporates an increase in council tax next year of 4.79 per cent, although no increase will be confirmed until the council meets to agree its budget in February 2020.
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Statement of Accounts
- Annual Performance Reports
- Service plans
- Balanced Scorecard
- SPI-2 Local Government Benchmarking Results
- Workforce Strategy
- Adult Social Care quarterly performance reports pre-2020
- Commercial Operations quarterly performance reports pre-2020
- Midlothian Licensing Board Income and Expenditure
- Education attainment and achievement
- Savings approved by Midlothian Council on 13 February 2018
- Financial Strategy figures 2018/19 to 2021/22
- Trade union facility time
- How we spend your money 2018/19
- 2018-2028 Capital Investment Strategy
- Midlothian physical activity, sport and health strategy 2018-23
- Planning for Change infographic factsheet
- Place Service Plans
- Nesta Listen and Learn Report for Midlothian Council - September 2020
- Corporate Solutions Service Plans
- Midlothian's funding challenge 2021 - infographic (PDF)