Spending on council services
The council's budget and council tax for 2018/19, and the savings programme for 2018/19 to 2021/22 were agreed at the Council Meeting on 13 February 2018.
The 2018/19 budget provides for spending on services of £201.5 million.
Savings 2018/19 to 2021/22
At a meeting of the full council on Tuesday 13 February 2018, councillors also agreed to increase council tax by 3 per cent from 1 April 2018, raising the Band D equivalent tax from £1,246 to £1,283 a year
- Find out more about Council Tax and the Tax Band your house is in.
- See our Council Tax factsheet 2018/19 (PDF) for more on council spending and where the money comes from.
Our Budget Challenge 2019/20
Current projections show that Midlothian Council will be £6.216 million short of what is needed to fund services in 2019/20. You can find out more about our budget consultation and future spending plans on our Spending Choices pages.
Our estimates show that Midlothian Council will need £211.8 million to fund services in 2019/20.The projected funding available already incorporates an increase in council tax next year of 3 per cent, although no increase will be confirmed until the council meets to agree its budget in February 2019.
Savings and income
A programme of savings and service changes approved by the council last year has also been factored in. Although this is expected to deliver £2.65 million in savings in 2019/20, this still leaves an additional £6.216 million to be found.
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Statement of Accounts
- Annual Performance Reports
- Single Midlothian Plan
- Service plans
- Balanced Scorecard
- SPI-2 Local Government Benchmarking Results
- Workforce Strategy
- Adult Social Care quarterly performance reports
- Children's Services quarterly performance reports
- Commercial Operations quarterly performance reports
- Communities and Economy quarterly performance reports
- Customer and Housing Services quarterly performance reports
- Education quarterly performance reports
- Finance and Integrated Service Support quarterly performance reports
- Property and Facilities Management quarterly performance reports
- Midlothian Council quarterly performance reports
- Midlothian Licensing Board Income and Expenditure
- Education Attainment and Achievement Report
- Savings approved by Midlothian Council on 13 February 2018
- Financial Strategy figures 2018/19 to 2021/22
- Trade union facility time
- How we spend your money 2018/19
- 2018 Education Attainment and Achievement Report
- 2018-2028 Capital Investment Strategy
- Midlothian physical activity, sport and health strategy 2018-23
- Planning for Change leaflet (PDF)
- Planning for Change infographic factsheet (PDF)
- Midlothian Council Unaudited Financial Statements 2018/19 (PDF)