Trade union facility time
Trade Union (TU) representative
The total number of employees who were TU representatives during the 2017/18 financial year.
|Number of employees who were relevant union officials during the relevant period||FTE employee number|
Percentage of time spent on facility time
How many employees who were TU representatives/officials employed during the relevant period spent a) 0%, b) 1%-50%, c) 51%-99% or d) 100% of their working hours on facility time.
|Percentage of time||Number of representatives|
Percentage of pay bill spent on facility time
Percentage of the total pay bill spent on paying employees who were TU representatives for facility time during the relevant period.
|Total cost of facility time||£56584**|
|Total pay bill||£126,690,331|
|Percentage of the total pay bill spent on facility time, calculated as: (total cost of facility time ÷ total pay bill) x 100||0.04%|
Paid TU activities
As a percentage of total paid facility time hours, how many hours were spent by employees who were TU representatives during the relevant period on paid TU activities.
|Time spent on paid TU activities as a percentage of total paid facility time hours calculated as:||3195 hours|
|(total hours spent on paid TU activities by TU representatives during the relevant period ÷ total paid facility time hours) x 100||100%|
*Only 15 representatives have provided recorded facility time. Missing information from x2 Unite reps and x4 teaching union reps.
** 8 months actual data provided and averaged up to equate to 12 months.
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Statement of Accounts
- Annual Performance Reports
- Single Midlothian Plan
- Service plans
- Balanced Scorecard
- SPI-2 Local Government Benchmarking Results
- Workforce Strategy
- Adult Social Care quarterly performance reports
- Children's Services quarterly performance reports
- Commercial Operations quarterly performance reports
- Communities and Economy quarterly performance reports
- Customer and Housing Services quarterly performance reports
- Education quarterly performance reports
- Finance and Integrated Service Support quarterly performance reports
- Property and Facilities Management quarterly performance reports
- Midlothian Council quarterly performance reports
- Midlothian Licensing Board Income and Expenditure
- How we spend your money 2017/18
- Change Programme 2018/19 to 2021/22
- Our Budget Challenge
- Summary of Proposed Savings
- Shaping our Future - Have Your Say Easy Read Guide 2017
- Our Budget Challenge - slide presentation 2017
- Education Attainment and Achievement Report
- Summary findings of the 2017 public consultation on Midlothian Council's savings proposals (Paper A)
- Savings approved by Midlothian Council on 13 February 2018
- Feedback from 2017 consultation on Midlothian Council's savings proposals (Paper B)
- Appendix 1 to Paper B - feedback from the 2017 consultation on the council's savings proposals
- Appendix 2 to Paper B - feedback from the 2017 consultation on the council's savings proposals
- Financial Strategy figures 2018/19 to 2021/22
- Trade union facility time
- How we spend your money 2018/19
- Working Together: Making a Difference - our spending challenge 2019/20
- 2018 Education Attainment and Achievement Report
- 2018-2028 Capital Investment Strategy
- Our Budget Challenge 2019/20
- Our Spending Challenge 2019/20 (PowerPoint)