Scottish Local Government Benchmarking Framework
Midlothian "a great place to grow"
Comparing performance, or benchmarking, supports change and improvement within the Council by learning how better performing organisations achieve their results.
During the last seven years, we have been working with other Scottish councils and the Improvement Service to develop and improve the Local Government Benchmarking Framework (LGBF). This allows us to compare how we are doing against other councils' performance.
To support the LGBF performance data, councils participate in Benchmarking Family Groups with similar councils. These groups provide a structure for councils to come together to explore the benchmarking data and better understand issues and learn from good practice.
Benchmarking is a key feature of Midlothian's improvement framework. Our performance management system ensures we use benchmarking to enhance our performance, and is subject to scrutiny reviews.
More information on how we compare can be found at the My Local Council website.
You can view our performance information for 2017/18 via our Performance Management System - Pentana or Local Government Benchmarking Framework Performance Report 2016/17.
More information on LGBF:
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Statement of Accounts
- Annual Performance Reports
- Single Midlothian Plan
- Service plans
- Balanced Scorecard
- SPI-2 Local Government Benchmarking Results
- Workforce Strategy
- Adult Social Care quarterly performance reports
- Children's Services quarterly performance reports
- Commercial Operations quarterly performance reports
- Communities and Economy quarterly performance reports
- Customer and Housing Services quarterly performance reports
- Education quarterly performance reports
- Finance and Integrated Service Support quarterly performance reports
- Property and Facilities Management quarterly performance reports
- Midlothian Council quarterly performance reports
- Midlothian Licensing Board Income and Expenditure
- How we spend your money 2017/18
- Change Programme 2018/19 to 2021/22
- Our Budget Challenge
- Summary of Proposed Savings
- Shaping our Future - Have Your Say Easy Read Guide 2017
- Our Budget Challenge - slide presentation 2017
- Education Attainment and Achievement Report
- Summary findings of the 2017 public consultation on Midlothian Council's savings proposals (Paper A)
- Savings approved by Midlothian Council on 13 February 2018
- Feedback from 2017 consultation on Midlothian Council's savings proposals (Paper B)
- Appendix 1 to Paper B - feedback from the 2017 consultation on the council's savings proposals
- Appendix 2 to Paper B - feedback from the 2017 consultation on the council's savings proposals
- Financial Strategy figures 2018/19 to 2021/22
- Trade union facility time
- How we spend your money 2018/19
- Working Together: Making a Difference - our spending challenge 2019/20
- 2018 Education Attainment and Achievement Report
- 2018-2028 Capital Investment Strategy
- Our Budget Challenge 2019/20
- Our Spending Challenge 2019/20 (PowerPoint)