Like all public bodies we are legally required to ensure we achieve Best Value when we perform our day-to-day activities.
To do this we strive to continually improve the services we deliver to the public.
To meet legal requirements we need to demonstrate that we are achieving Best Value in how we go about all aspects of our business. This means ensuring we achieve a balance between cost and quality and we are responsive to the needs of the people and communities of Midlothian.
This section provides feedback following an assessment of our performance by a team of auditors and best value auditors from Ernst & Young and Audit Scotland in the spring 2019 and our report was published in July 2019..
Further information on our Action Plan following the BVAR is available.
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Statement of Accounts
- Annual Performance Reports
- Single Midlothian Plan documents
- Service plans
- Balanced Scorecard
- Financial Strategy figures 2018/19 to 2021/22
- 2018-2028 Capital Investment Strategy
- Childrens Services Service Plans
- Place Service Plans
- Corporate Solutions Service Plans
- Midlothian Digital Strategy 2021-23 (PDF)
- Members' Environmental Funds