Scottish Local Government Benchmarking Framework
Comparing performance, or benchmarking, supports change and improvement within the Council by learning how better performing organisations achieve their results.
During the last six years, we have been working with other Scottish councils and the Improvement Service to develop and improve the Local Government Benchmarking Framework (LGBF). This allows us to compare how we are doing against other councils' performance.
To support the LGBF performance data, councils participate in Benchmarking Family Groups with similar councils. These groups provide a structure for councils to come together to explore the benchmarking data and better understand issues and learn from good practice.
Benchmarking is a key feature of Midlothian's improvement framework. Our performance management system ensures we use benchmarking to enhance our performance, and is subject to scrutiny reviews.
More information on how we compare can be found at the My Local Council website.
You can view our performance information for 2015/16 via our Performance Management System - Covalent.
An overview of our service performance provides information on a wide range of services for our communities.
More information on LGBF:
Help us improve our site
- Statement of Accounts
- Annual Performance Reports
- LGBF performance
- Single Midlothian Plan
- Service plans
- Balanced Scorecard
- SPI-2 Local Government Benchmarking Results
- People Strategy
- Adult Social Care quarterly performance reports
- Children's Services quarterly performance reports
- Commercial Operations quarterly performance reports
- Communities and Economy quarterly performance reports
- Customer and Housing Services quarterly performance reports
- Education quarterly performance reports
- Finance and Integrated Service Support quarterly performance reports
- Property and Facilities Management quarterly performance reports
- Midlothian Council quarterly performance reports
- Midlothian Licensing Board Income and Expenditure