Spending on council services
The council's budget and council tax for 2018/19, and the savings programme for 2018/19 to 2021/22 were agreed at the Council Meeting on 13 February 2018.
The 2018/19 budget provides for spending on services of £201.5 million.
Savings 2018/19 to 2021/22
At a meeting of the full council on Tuesday 13 February 2018, councillors also agreed to increase council tax by 3 per cent from 1 April 2018, raising the Band D equivalent tax from £1,246 to £1,283 a year
- Find out more about Council Tax and the Tax Band your house is in.
- See our Council Tax factsheet 2018/19 (PDF) for more on council spending and where the money comes from.
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Statement of Accounts
- Annual Performance Reports
- Scottish Local Government Benchmarking Framework
- Single Midlothian Plan
- Service plans
- Balanced Scorecard
- SPI-2 Local Government Benchmarking Results
- Workforce Strategy
- Adult Social Care quarterly performance reports
- Children's Services quarterly performance reports
- Commercial Operations quarterly performance reports
- Communities and Economy quarterly performance reports
- Customer and Housing Services quarterly performance reports
- Education quarterly performance reports
- Finance and Integrated Service Support quarterly performance reports
- Property and Facilities Management quarterly performance reports
- Midlothian Council quarterly performance reports
- Midlothian Licensing Board Income and Expenditure
- How we spend your money 2017/18
- Change Programme 2018/19 to 2021/22
- Our Budget Challenge
- Summary of Proposed Savings
- Shaping our Future - Have Your Say Easy Read Guide 2017
- Our Budget Challenge - slide presentation 2017
- Education Attainment and Achievement Report
- Summary findings of the 2017 public consultation on Midlothian Council's savings proposals (Paper A)
- Savings approved by Midlothian Council on 13 February 2018
- Feedback from 2017 consultation on Midlothian Council's savings proposals (Paper B)
- Appendix 1 to Paper B - feedback from the 2017 consultation on the council's savings proposals
- Appendix 2 to Paper B - feedback from the 2017 consultation on the council's savings proposals
- Financial Strategy figures 2018/19 to 2021/22