Knit a mouse for our P1s
Help us with our Mid Mouse project
Can you knit or crochet mice for children starting Primary 1?
We’re looking for people who can knit or crochet for a project to give every child starting school in August their own ‘Mid Mouse’ to help them settle.
Children will get their mouse in the summer term, in the lead up to the school holidays. They will then take part in activities with their mouse, at their nursery and/or with their childminder and at home to make the transition to school easier.
We want every mouse to be different and unique, like every child, so please feel free to choose the colour of the wool and we look forward to seeing all of the different mice created.
Drop off information
Once you have finished knitting your mice, please contact either of the two venues below on Mondays to Fridays to arrange to drop them off.
5 Mayburn Walk
Tel: 0131 448 0103
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferably by email)
67 Gardiner Place
Tel: 0131 654 9990
To keep everyone safe
Drop-offs will be outdoors. Please socially distance, wear a mask and have your mice in sealed bags. Mice will be quarantined for 72 hours then misted with disinfectant before being packaged and sent off for the children.
If you need your mice collected
If you need to have your mice collected then please contact Laura in our education team.
If you use social media, we'd love you to share pictures of you with your mice using the hashtag #Midmouse.
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- St Mary's consultation report
- Burnbrae consultation report
- Education attainment and achievement
- Schools estate update Dec 2018
- Midlothian Denominational Review 2019
- Midlothian Council Learning Estate Strategy 2017 - 2047 (PDF)
- Denominational schools consultation
- A701 proposed new school and education plans
- Music tuition survey
- early years literacy calendar
- Letter to Parents/carers of children returning to ELC and P1-3 (PDF)
- Mid Mouse patterns