Volunteer Panel Members required
Midlothian Council will be allocating money provided by the UK Government Shared Prosperity Fund for distribution to third sector organisations, agencies, statutory bodies and some private providers through a competitive scoring process.
The scoring panel will be assessing applications related to the Shared Prosperity Fund priorities set by the UK Government under the themes of Communities and Place, People and Skills and Multiply (improving adult numeracy for those aged 19 plus).
- An overview of the funding can be found on the UK Government website.
We are seeking volunteer panel members to assist with the scoring process. Out of pocket expenses will be paid.
- Ability to read and scrutinise applications
- Ability to make objective and impartial assessments
- Some knowledge of Midlothian communities
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Competent IT skills
- Must have access to a computer with an internet connection and sufficient storage to download documents
- Must be able to access and use Zoom/Teams software (will also be covered during the training)
- Must have access to a confidential space to work in
1 hour's training will be held on 10 October 2022 (time to be confirmed).
Flexibility and commitment
- Approximately 3 days commitment including time for pre-reading but this is dependent on number of applications received and availability of panel members. Scoring panels will be held all day on Tuesday 25 and Wednesday 26 October 2022.
- You will be asked to declare any conflict of interest in advance but this will not exclude you from sitting on the panel. For example, if your organisation is applying for funding or you sit on the Board of an organisation applying you would not be able to score that application
If there is significant interest in this position we may have to conduct a short informal interview with anyone applying and select individuals who most closely meet the criteria detailed under experience and resources.
How to apply
Please send us your contact details with details of any experience you have with scoring and assessing applications, funding panels or other relevant experience. Please only apply if you are able to commit to the time required for reading applications, attending training and contributing to the scoring panel.
The closing date for notes of interest is Friday 23 September 2022.
- For further information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org