Drop-in to one of our fostering events
Drop-in to any of our morning public fostering information events or book for one of the online evening slots to find out more about how you can change the life of a child or a young person by fostering. We're looking for people from all walks of life but you must have a spare room.
A member of the fostering team will be on hand for an informal chat about the training, allowances, pay and ongoing support offered by the council.
And you can talk to one of our foster carers, Angela pictured above, about the joys and rewards of offering a stable, caring home to a child or young person.
The in-person events are on between 10:30am and noon - no need to book for those - but if you want to join an online evening session anytime between 6.30pm and 8pm please book by emailing FamilyCentredCareDuty@midlothian.gov.uk
- Wednesday 30 August: Dalkeith Library and Arts Centre, 2 White Hart Street, Dalkeith, EH22 1AE
- Wednesday 27 September: Danderhall Community Hub, 59 Edmonstone Road, Danderhall, EH22 1QL
- Wednesday 25 October: Gorebridge Beacon, Hunterfield Road, Gorebridge, EH23 4TT
- Wednesday 29 November: Loanhead Library, The Loanhead Centre, George Avenue, Loanhead, EH20 9LA
If you want more information about the events or fostering:
- Call the Family Centred Care team on 0131 271 3615
- Or visit our fostering website pages