Multi-activity centre planned
We are working on a business case to develop Midlothian Snowsports Centre into an all year round, multi-activity, leisure and retail destination for all the family. If given the go-ahead, Destination Hillend could also generate income that would be ploughed back into council services.
Open for business
If given the go-ahead, the centre will remain open during the phased development, which could include:
- Alpine coaster
- Infrastructure upgrades – additional car parking and upgrading of access road to two lanes
- New reception building for Snowsports Centre
- Foodcourt and function space
- Associated retail space – open plan space for one or more tenants
- Glamping tourist accommodation in wigwams
- Activity dome with high ropes and soft play
- Freestyle jump slope upgrade and extension
- Hotel development opportunity
As part of a pre-application notice, before any formal planning application is submitted, we are holding a public event on Monday January 28.
Your views will help shape any formal planning application, which could be submitted in early spring. Councillors will also consider the business case for Destination Hillend around February or March 2019.
Please note the above computer generated image is only to give people an idea of what the centre could look like.