Report a change that affects your benefit

If your circumstances change, you must let us know as soon as possible. Please tell us in writing if:

  • any of your children leave school or leave home
  • anyone moves into or out of your home (including lodgers and subtenants)
  • your income or the income of anyone living with you changes. This can include Tax Credits, Pension Credits or other State Benefits
  • your capital or savings change
  • you or anyone living with you becomes a student, goes on a Youth Training Scheme, goes into hospital or a nursing home, goes into prison, or gets, changes or leaves a job
  • your rent changes
  • you change address
  • you or your partner are going away from home for more than a month
  • you receive a decision from the home office
  • anything you have told us about changes.