Scottish Welfare Fund - apply online
Scottish Welfare Fund
The Scottish Welfare Fund offers two types of grant:
- Crisis Grants may help if you are in crisis because of a disaster, like a fire or flood, or an emergency such as losing all your money or having to visit a sick child in hospital.
- Community Care may help if you are about to leave care to live on your own in the community, or to help if you are struggling to provide a safe and secure home for your family.
Apply for a grant
- For online support or to apply by phone: call 0131 270 5600
- Lines are open Monday to Thursday 09:00 - 17:00, and Friday 09:00 - 15:30
- Or download and complete the Scottish Welfare Fund Application Form (PDF) to print off and send by post
Who can apply?
You must be at least 16 years of age.
Normally you will be entitled to:
- Income Support
- Jobseeker's Allowance (and have no other household income)
- Employment and Support Allowance (and have no other household income)
- Pension Credit
Or can demonstrate that you have such low income that it would be reasonable to make an award.
You may also be able to get a Community Care Grant if you are likely to get one of these benefits when you leave care.
Exclusions for Crisis Grants
The number of awards that any person can receive is normally limited to 3 in any rolling 12 month period across all local authorities.
So if you have received a Crisis Grant from us and then move to Edinburgh, you are only eligible for a further 2 grants from The City of Edinburgh Council.