Easthouses Primary School catchment consultation launched
Midlothian Council wants to hear your views on plans for the new Easthouses Primary school and its catchment area, to be built on the site of the old Newbattle High School.
Secondary catchment changes
The statutory consultation, which starts on Monday 27 February, will also ask for comments about plans to realign the catchment areas of Dalkeith High School, Newbattle High School and Lasswade High School.
The proposals are:
- A new primary school catchment area will be established for Easthouses and the catchment areas of King’s Park, Lawfield, Mayfield, Woodburn and Newtongrange Primary School will be realigned;
- A new primary school with early learning and childcare provision and specialist ASN provision will be established for the proposed Easthouses primary catchment area;
- The new primary school will open on its permanent site on the completion of the new building in August 2024 or as soon as possible thereafter;
- A realignment of the Bonnyrigg Primary School Catchment Area and Lasswade High School Catchment Area from August 2023;
- A realignment of the catchment areas of Dalkeith High School and Newbattle High School.
Going to school near your home
Councillor Ellen Scott, the Cabinet Member for Education, said: “Your views are important to us - please take the time to tell us what you think of these plans. We want good catchment areas that takes into account existing and future housebuilding plans. We also want pupils, where possible, to go to a primary school close to where they live and within a safe walking distance.”
Fill in the survey
To find out more and give your views by Sunday 23 April:
- Go online
- Email EducationConsultation@midlothian.gov.uk for a paper copy
Paper copies can be posted back to:
Easthouses Education Consultation,
Freepost SCO 622,
Dalkeith EH22 1DN
Get in touch
If you need further help please contact:
Come along to a public meeting on:
- 29 March 2023 at Newbattle High School at 7pm
- 14 March 2023 virtual drop-in sessions
- 23 March 2023 virtual drop-in sessions
The virtual sessions will take place throughout the day from 2pm - 4pm and 5pm – 7pm. These will be in 20 minute slots.
Book a slot
Please contact EducationConsultation@midlothian.gov.uk to reserve a place at the virtual drop-in.
The two-stream primary will provide places for 459 children, 16 places to support children with social, emotional or behaviour needs from across Midlothian, and 80 pre-school places.