Obtain a completion certificate

Supporting documents required

You must submit the supporting documents at the same time as your Completion Certificate - Submission form. We can only process your submission if we have all the necessary documents.

The documents required will depend on your project. They are listed in the Part 2 Checklist of your Construction Compliance and Notification Plan (CCNP).

Please note that a suitably qualified person external to Midlothian Building Standards may need to review certain parts of your supporting documents. This may add to the time we take to reach a decision.

Getting help to gather supporting information

If you feel that compiling the information is too technical for you, it may be a good idea to seek professional help. These professionals may act as your agent and help you secure a completion certificate:

  • Architects,
  • Architectural technicians,
  • Building and structural engineers,
  • Surveyors,
  • Building companies, and
  • Conservatory and windows/doors companies.

We cannot recommend agents, but the Midlothian Business Directory lists local businesses offering professional services: