How to submit electronic documents on the eBuilding Standards portal
This guidance applies to granted electronic building warrants only.
If you are unsure if your granted building warrant is electronic or paper, please contact us on 0131 271 3350.
The online eBuilding Standards portal is a free and easy-to-use way for you to complete and send electronic documents to us. The portal is run by the Scottish Government.
If you are unfamiliar with the portal, our basic guide is available for homeowners:
Steps to take when using the portal
When the work starts on site and progresses to completion, you will need to submit some of the electronic forms and documents detailed below using the online portal.
First, if you do not already have an account, you will need to create an account on the portal.
Next, follow our guides to add a blank form on the portal:
- If you have not used the portal before, follow our How to create a proposal and add a blank form guide.
- If you have used the portal and created a proposal, follow our How to add a blank form to an existing proposal guide.
The main forms you will need to submit are:
- Notice Regarding Start of Work - when the work starts.
- Completion Certificate - when all the work is completed.
- Additional Supporting Documents - as the work progresses on site.
- Application to Extend Period of Validity of Building Warrant
- Application for Temporary Occupation or Use
Finally, follow our 'How to complete' guides to fill in blank electronic forms and to submit electronic documents on the portal:
- Complete a Notice Regarding Start of Work
- Complete Additional supporting documents
- Complete an Application to Extend Period of Validity of Building Warrant
- Complete an Application for Temporary Occupation or Use and submit supporting documents listed on your CCNP
- Complete a Completion Certificate and submit supporting documents listed on your CCNP