How to submit electronic documents on the eBuilding Standards portal
Complete Additional Supporting Documents
These are guidance notes for submitting on the online eBuildingStandards.scot portal.
1. To add a blank 'Additional Supporting Documents' form:
- If you have not used the portal before, follow our How to create a proposal and add a blank form guide.
- If you have used the portal and created a proposal, follow our How to add a blank form to an existing proposal guide.
2. Under 'Draft Forms', select 'Additional Supporting Documents'.
3. To begin the 'Additional Supporting Documents', select the link 'Main Details'.
4. Answer the questions for the 4 sections 'Main Details', 'Supporting Documentation', 'Email Notification' and 'Declaration'.
a) Main Details
You will need to know your Building Warrant reference number, which looks something like 18/00999/BDAL. You can find your Building Warrant Reference number on your Building Warrant.
The Duly Authorised Agent (if you had one) is the person who drew up your plans and submitted your Building Warrant application.
When you are asked what the additional documentation relates to, choose 'Application for a Building Warrant' from the drop down list. Then add an explanation why the documentation is being attached.
If you are providing a Certificate of Design, Certificate of Construction or Notice of Finalisation of Design Details from a Certifier of Design, fill in the details.
b) Supporting Documentation
- There are rules about the size of electronic files and orientation of documents that you need to follow:
- Each electronic file must be no larger than 5Mb.
- You can supply up to 100Mb in total for all supporting files.
- Drawings to be viewed as landscape should be supplied as landscape.
- If you do not know the paper size, choose 'Not Applicable'.
5. When you have completed the 4 sections, you will see 4 green ticks. Press the 'Next' button.
6. You are now ready to send in your application. Select 'I Accept' and then 'Submit'.
7. You will now see a 'Success! Your Additional Supporting Documents has been submitted'.
You will also receive an email from scot.gov.uk advising that your proposal has been sent to Midlothian Council.
8. Select 'Back to Proposal Summary' and you will see your 'Additional Supporting Documents' listed under 'Submitted Forms'.