How to submit electronic documents on the eBuilding Standards portal
Complete an Application to Extend Period of Validity of Building Warrant
These are guidance notes for submitting on the online eBuildingStandards.scot portal.
1. To add a blank 'Application to Extend Period of Validity of Building Warrant' form:
- If you have not used the portal before, follow our How to create a proposal and add a blank form guide.
- If you have used the portal and created a proposal, follow our How to add a blank form to an existing proposal guide.
2. Under 'Draft Forms', select 'Application to Extend Period of Validity of Building Warrant '.
3. To begin the 'Application to Extend Period of Validity of Building Warrant', select the link 'Main Details'.
4. Answer the questions for the 5 sections 'Main Details', 'Supporting Documentation', 'Email Notification', 'Declaration' and 'Fee'.
a) Main Details
- You will need to know your Building Warrant reference number, which looks something like 18/00999/BDAL. You can find your Building Warrant Reference number and date of issue on your Building Warrant.
The Duly Authorised Agent (if you had one) is the person who drew up your plans and submitted your Building Warrant application.
b) Supporting Documentation (if needed)
- There are rules about the size of electronic files and orientation of documents that you need to follow:
- Each electronic file must be no larger than 5Mb.
- You can supply up to 100Mb in total for all supporting files.
- Drawings to be viewed as landscape should be supplied as landscape.
- If you do not know the paper size, choose 'Not Applicable'.
- The only payment method possible is Credit or Debit card.
- You will be asked to pay the fee once all the green ticks are complete.
5. When you have completed the 5 sections, you will see 6 green ticks. Press the 'Next' button.
6. You are now ready to submit your application. Select 'I Accept' and then 'Submit'.
7. You will now be directed to Midlothian Council's payment page. Complete your card details and then 'Submit'.
8. You will now see a 'Success! Your ''Application to Extend Period of Validity of Building Warrant' has been submitted.
You will also receive an email from scot.gov.uk advising that your proposal has been sent to Midlothian Council.
9. Select 'Back to Proposal Summary' and you will see your 'Application to Extend Period of Validity of Building Warrant' listed under 'Submitted Forms'.