Bus pass

Disabled concessionary travel

To apply online, you will need:

  • mygovscot or Yoti account
  • Proof of your age
  • Proof of your most recent permanent address (not a mobile phone bill)
  • Photo ID (passport or driving licence)
  • Passport style photograph - head and shoulders against a white background
  • Proof of disability, dated within the last 18 months. Full list of proofs
  • A device with a camera to upload your evidence. 

Apply online

For more information visit getyournec.scot.

If you choose to complete a paper form...

Complete the National Entitlement Card application form (PDF),

and you are registered disabled

or you have mental health issues

or you have epilepsy

  • If you are 17 or over (and cannot get a driving licence) you must also complete the NCT 003 form (PDF). Your GP, Epilepsy Specialist Nurse or Neurologist must sign it.

or you have a learning disability

  • Please also complete the NCT 002a form (PDF). Someone like a Support Worker or SEN teacher must sign it.

A full list of documents is at getyournec.scot.

If you don't have a passport or driving licence

A referee will need to validate your photo. The referee must be someone who:

  • knows you
  • but is not a relative
  • and is a professional, such as a:
    • teacher
    • nurse
    • community worker
    • social worker
    • police officer
    • religious leader.

On the back of your photo, they must:

  1. write "I confirm this is a true likeness of [your full name]"
  2. sign and date it.

Paper application forms are available in all Midlothian libraries.

Return the form

Take the completed form and relevant documents to any Midlothian library for verification and validation.

Or you can email the form, with photos or scans of the relevant documents, to ptu@midlothian.gov.uk.

When you will receive the new card

Applying online may be quicker than via the library or Midlothian Council. This is because we must carry out checks before we can approve an application. Processing time is up to 14 days.

Replacement or renewal