The only council-owned allotments are at Deanburn in Penicuik. There is a container for tool storage, and the site is fenced and locked.
There is a waiting list of 1 to 5 years.
If you are unemployed, concessions are available.
Allotment and Food Growing Strategy
With local growing groups, we have drafted an Allotment and Food Growing Strategy. This identifies potential new housing developments where allotments may be located. The strategy is due for completion in spring 2020.
To register your interest in having a plot that is not at Deanburn:
- Call us on 0131 271 3106.
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Community Planning structure and profile
- Neighbourhood plans
- Neighbourhood profiles
- Single Midlothian Plan documents
- Community directories
- Corporate Parent Strategy
- Grants funding
- Armed Forces Community Covenant
- Participation requests: outcome improvement plans
- Action Plans
- Community Asset Transfer - council properties
- Community Council documents
- Community Council boundary maps
- Community Planning Partnership 2017-18 performance scorecard
- Draft recommendations on the new council grants programme 2019-21
- Midlothian Community Planning Partnership Citizen's Panel Survey Reports
- Community Planning Board meeting minutes
- Volunteering with Midlothian Council (PDF)
- Working with you, for you - local group feedback
- Town Centre Capital Fund - Application Form
- Town Centre Capital Fund - Application Guidelines
- Child Poverty Action Reports
- Community Planning Research and Information Group