The only council-owned allotments are at Deanburn in Penicuik. There is a container for tool storage, and the site is fenced and locked.
There is a waiting list of 1 to 5 years.
If you are unemployed, concessions are available.
To join the waiting list for Deanburn Allotments, call 0131 561 5280.
Allotment and food growing strategy
The Community Empowerment Scotland Act 2015 required us to produce an allotment and food growing strategy. The strategy identifies new housing developments where allotments could be located. It also identifies potential sites for local community growing projects.
- Allotment and food growing strategy document (PDF)
- Executive summary (PDF)
- Allotment Regulations Document (PDF)
To register your interest in having a plot in a new location, call 0131 561 5280.
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Community Planning structure and profile
- Neighbourhood plans
- Neighbourhood profiles
- Single Midlothian Plan documents
- Corporate Parent Strategy
- Grants funding
- Armed Forces Community Covenant
- Community Planning - Strategic Assessment
- Participation requests: outcome improvement plans
- Community Asset Transfer - council properties
- Community Council documents
- Community Council boundary maps
- Community Planning Partnership 2017-18 performance scorecard
- Midlothian Community Planning Partnership Citizen's Panel Survey Reports
- Community Planning Board minutes
- Volunteering with Midlothian Council (PDF)
- Working with you, for you - local group feedback
- Town Centre Capital Fund - Application Form
- Town Centre Capital Fund - Application Guidelines
- Child Poverty Action Reports
- Community Planning Research and Information Group
- Allotment regulations
- Midlothian Compact 2020-2025 (PDF)