The only council-owned allotments are at Deanburn in Penicuik. There is a container for tool storage, and the site is fenced and locked.
There is a waiting list of 1 to 5 years.
If you are unemployed, concessions are available.
To join the waiting list for Deanburn Allotments, call 0131 561 5280.
Allotment and food growing strategy
The Community Empowerment Scotland Act 2015 required us to produce an allotment and food growing strategy. The strategy identifies new housing developments where allotments could be located. It also identifies potential sites for local community growing projects.
- Allotment and food growing strategy document (PDF)
- Executive summary (PDF)
- Allotment Regulations Document (PDF)
To register your interest in having a plot in a new location, call 0131 561 5280.
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Single Midlothian Plan documents
- Community Council documents
- Community Planning Board minutes
- Young Person's Guarantee Employability Funding Application Form 2021-22
- Young Person's Guarantee Employability Funding Criteria and Guidance 2021
- Survey on Single Midlothian Plan Priorities 2021-2022 - Autumn 2020 survey results (PDF)
- Midlothian Community Planning Partnership Board - note of meeting 17 June 2021
- Single Midlothian Plan Summary - 2021-22 (PDF)
- Midlothian Statutory Community Learning and Development Plan 2021 to 2024
- Community Asset Transfer Request - St David's Brass Band SCIO
- Winter 2021 Citizens' Panel survey results (PDF)
- Midlothian Community Planning Partnership Board Minutes – March 2002
- Midlothian Community Planning Partnership Board Minutes – June 2002
- Single Midlothian Plan 2022-23 Easy Read version (PDF)
- 2022 Citizens' Panel Results PDF