Community Asset Transfer
Community Asset Transfer is the transfer of responsibility for an asset from the Council to a community group or organisation.
Part 5 of The Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015 sets out the key rights and duties, and provides a framework for the Asset Transfer process.
Before you make a formal transfer request
Preparing a business case for a formal Asset Transfer Request can be a big task. To save you time and effort, we use a form to assess whether a potential formal request is likely to succeed.
- Read the Scottish Government guidelines
- Check the Asset Transfer Model Documents
- Read our FAQs (PDF)
- Midlothian Support for Community Asset Transfer
- Check the Community Ownership Support Service website
- Complete the form to express an interest in Community Asset Transfer
Ready to make a formal asset transfer request?
Community asset map
Use this map to:
- return the details for a specific property.
- list the properties in your area.
- view any location within the council by specifying an address or postcode.
- view data at a glance, zoom and move around the map, or see the council as a whole.
The information is compiled from the properties on the council's valuation list. It excludes social accommodation and commercially leased properties.
Current asset transfer requests
- Bonnyrigg Rose Community Football Club SCIO - Poltonhall Sports Complex
- Newtongrange Development Trust - Newtongrange Welfare Park Former Bowling Club and Green
Concluded asset transfer requests
- Loanhead After School Club - the Link Community Garden
- Bonnyrigg After School Club - Poltonhall Bowling Site
- Loanhead After School Club - Rosewell Pavilion
Contract not concluded
- Loanhead After School Club - Roslin Pavilion
- Loanhead After School Club - Additional Land at Rosewell Pavilion
- Asset Transfer Report 2022/23 (PDF)
- Asset Transfer Report 2021/22 (PDF)
- Asset Transfer Report 2020/21 (PDF)
- Asset Transfer Report 2019/20 (PDF)
- Asset Transfer Report 2018/19 (PDF)