Community Asset Transfer
Community Asset Transfer is the transfer of responsibility for an asset from the Council to a community group or organisation.
Part 5 of The Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015 sets out the key rights and duties, and provides a framework for the Asset Transfer process.
Before you make a formal transfer request
Preparing a business case for a formal Asset Transfer Request can be a big task. To save you time and effort, we use a form to assess whether a potential formal request is likely to succeed.
- Read the Scottish Government guidelines
- Check the Asset Transfer Model Documents
- Read our FAQs (PDF)
- Check the Community Ownership Support Service website
- Complete the form to express an interest in Community Asset Transfer
Ready to make a formal asset transfer request?
Community asset map
Use this map to:
- return the details for a specific property.
- list the properties in your area.
- view any location within the council by specifying an address or postcode.
- view data at a glance, zoom and move around the map, or see the council as a whole.
The information is compiled from the properties on the council's valuation list. It excludes social accommodation and commercially leased properties.
Current asset transfer requests
There are no asset transfers pending at this time.
Concluded asset transfer requests
- Bonnyrigg Rose Community Football Club - Poltonhall Sports Complex
- Loanhead After School Club - the Link Community Garden
- Bonnyrigg After School Club - Poltonhall Bowling Site
- Loanhead After School Club - Rosewell Pavilion