Community Payback Orders - your views
Community Payback Orders explained
If an offence has been committed on or after 1 February 2011 a Community Payback Order can be made by the Court. (This Order replaces Probation and Community Service). This can last between 6 months and 3 years.
The Court can impose one or more of the following:
- Compensation requirement
- Offender supervision requirement
- Unpaid work requirement
- Programme requirement
- Residence requirement
- Mental health requirement
- Drug treatment requirement
- Alcohol treatment requirement
- Conduct requirement
The Court can also add other conditions. These may require the offender:
- to do something, such as participate in a group work programme,
- or not to do something, such as not to enter a specific place.
A social worker completes the Criminal Justice Social Work Report. They will discuss with the offender the possible extra conditions and what they might entail.