Community Payback Orders - your views
Community Payback Orders explained
If an offence has been committed on or after 1 February 2011 a Community Payback Order can be made by the Court. (This Order replaces Probation and Community Service). This can last between 6 months and 3 years.
The Court can impose one or more of the following:
- Compensation requirement
- Offender supervision requirement
- Unpaid work requirement
- Programme requirement
- Residence requirement
- Mental health requirement
- Drug treatment requirement
- Alcohol treatment requirement
- Conduct requirement
The Court can also add other conditions. These may require the offender:
- to do something, such as participate in a group work programme,
- or not to do something, such as not to enter a specific place.
A social worker completes the Criminal Justice Social Work Report. They will discuss with the offender the possible extra conditions and what they might entail.
Is there anything wrong with this page?