Midlothian Justice Service
The purpose of social work services in the criminal justice system is to:
- provide assessments to Courts, Procurators Fiscal and the Parole Board
- supervise offenders in the community
- support the families of prisoners, victims of crime and those attending court.
Our services include:
- providing Midlothian Justice Social Work reports to assist Courts in their sentencing decisions
- reports for the Parole Board to assist in decisions regarding release from Prison
- supervising Community Payback Orders, Community Service/Probation Orders and prisoners released on post custodial sentences or licenses
- multi-agency risk management of offenders who pose a risk of harm to the public, an individual or to themselves
- developing effective risk management plans for prisoners returning to the community in liaison with other statutory and voluntary agencies
- providing services related to financial penalties, including the supervision of Supervised Attendance Orders.