Pay Council Tax
Other ways to pay Council Tax
Paying in instalments with a payment card
- You can pay in 10 monthly instalments. Each is due by the 1st of each month (April to January).
- Unfortunately you cannot spread your payments over 12 months with a payment card.
- Request a payment card
This is an automated service and is available 24/7, 365 days a year.
- The call will cost 2 pence per minute, plus your phone company's access charge.
Before you call, please have your card details and this information ready:
- your 9 digit Council Tax account number (at the top of your bill)
To pay by phone please call:
- 0131 660 1845
At PayPoint or Payzone
Use your payment card to pay wherever you see the PayPoint or Payzone logo. For example in convenience stores, newsagents, supermarkets and service stations.
You can pay by post using a cheque or postal order. Please never send cash by post.
Make the cheque or postal order payable to "Midlothian Council".
Please write clearly on the back of the cheque your:
- 9 digit Council Tax number
Send it to:
PO Box 3
At a Post Office
You will need a payment card to pay at your local post office. You will need to bring this with you each time you make a payment. The Post Office will not charge you for this service.
You can pay by calling into our Dalkeith office:
1 White Hart Street
Please take your Council Tax payment card or bill with you when you pay, and ask the cashier for a receipt. You can pay by:
- debit card
- credit card
- postal order
- 09:00 - 17:00 Monday and Tuesday
- 10:00 - 17:00 Wednesday
- 09:00 - 17:00 Thursday
- 09:00 - 15:30 Friday
- Closed on public holidays