Scottish Welfare Fund - apply online
Scottish Welfare Fund
We are receiving high volumes of Self Isolation Support Grants. So please only contact us after 7 days. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
If you are self isolating, you must advise Test & Protect that they can share your information with us. Contact the National Helpline on 0800 030 8012 to confirm you have done this.
The Scottish Welfare Fund offers two types of grant:
- Crisis Grants may help if you are in crisis because of a disaster, like a fire or flood, or an emergency such as losing all your money or having to visit a sick child in hospital.
- Community Care may help if you are about to leave care to live on your own in the community, or to help if you are struggling to provide a safe and secure home for your family.
Apply for a grant
The online form is open between 9am on Monday to 3pm on Friday.
- For online support or to apply by phone: call 0131 270 5600
- Lines are open Monday to Thursday 08:30 - 17:00, and Friday 08:30 - 16:00
- Or download and complete the Scottish Welfare Fund Application Form (PDF) to print off and send by post
Who can apply?
You must be at least 16 years of age.
Normally you will be entitled to:
- Income Support
- Jobseeker's Allowance (and have no other household income)
- Employment and Support Allowance (and have no other household income)
- Pension Credit
Or can demonstrate that you have such low income that it would be reasonable to make an award.
You may also be able to get a Community Care Grant if you are likely to get one of these benefits when you leave care.
Exclusions for Crisis Grants
The number of awards that any person can receive is normally limited to 3 in any rolling 12 month period across all local authorities.
So if you have received a Crisis Grant from us and then move to Edinburgh, you are only eligible for a further 2 grants from The City of Edinburgh Council.