Social work feedback
If you would like to make a suggestion, compliment or complaint about social work services you can do so by:
- speaking to the member of staff who is working with you
- asking to speak to their manager
- emailing or writing to Midlothian Council Feedback (see below for contact details).
Social Work follow the Council's complaints procedure.
If you are receiving or living in a service that is registered with the Care Inspectorate you can make a complaint directly to them:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephone: 0845 600 9527
Scottish Public Services Ombudsman
If you are unhappy about the outcome of your complaint, you have the right to have it considered by the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman.
The following advocacy organisations can also provide advice:
- CAPS Advocacy – an independent organisation for people who use, or have used, mental health services.
- Edinburgh Advocacy Representation Service (EARS) - a free, confidential, independent and professional advocacy service for older people.
- Partners in Advocacy - provides independent advocacy to support people to have their voices heard, their opinions respected.
- People First (Scotland) - independent self-advocacy organisation in Scotland run by and for people with learning difficulties.
- Who Cares? Scotland - speaking out for young people in care.
Is there anything wrong with this page?