Social work feedback

If you would like to make a suggestion, compliment or complaint about social work services you can do so by:

  • speaking to the member of staff who is working with you
  • asking to speak to their manager
  • emailing or writing to Midlothian Council Feedback (see below for contact details).

Complaints procedure

Social Work follow the Council's complaints procedure.

Care Inspectorate

If you are receiving or living in a service that is registered with the Care Inspectorate you can make a complaint directly to them:

Further help

Scottish Public Services Ombudsman

If you are unhappy about the outcome of your complaint, you have the right to have it considered by the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman.

Advocacy organisations

The following advocacy organisations can also provide advice: