Our Spending Choices
Our Spending Choices - the 2020/21 budget
The council approved a balanced budget for 2020/21 at a meeting held on Tuesday 11 February 2020.
- Read about the budget decisions
- Council budget meeting agenda and papers
- Read 'Your questions answered' on the 2020/21 budget funding
Spending and income
Council spending in 2020/21 will be £217.5 million. Of this, £54.5 million is funded by Council Tax. £163 million comes in the form of grant from the Scottish Government.
Council Tax has gone up by 4.84 per cent for 2020/21. (The maximum level set by the Scottish Government). This takes effect from April 2020, resulting in a Band D tax of £1,409.
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Statement of Accounts
- Annual Performance Reports
- Service plans
- Balanced Scorecard
- SPI-2 Local Government Benchmarking Results
- Workforce Strategy
- Adult Social Care quarterly performance reports pre-2020
- Commercial Operations quarterly performance reports pre-2020
- Midlothian Licensing Board Income and Expenditure
- Education attainment and achievement
- Savings approved by Midlothian Council on 13 February 2018
- Financial Strategy figures 2018/19 to 2021/22
- Trade union facility time
- How we spend your money 2018/19
- 2018-2028 Capital Investment Strategy
- Midlothian physical activity, sport and health strategy 2018-23
- Planning for Change infographic factsheet
- Place Service Plans
- Nesta Listen and Learn Report for Midlothian Council - September 2020
- Corporate Solutions Service Plans
- Midlothian's funding challenge 2021 - infographic (PDF)