Additional support for pupils
Additional support needs
When a child or young person experiences barriers to their learning, for whatever reason, they may have additional support needs (ASN) and can receive appropriate support to overcome these barriers and be successful in their learning.
We work closely with our partner agencies to support children with ASN and their families.
For more information on the legislation and the needs that are supported visit Education Scotland's web page on Additional Support for Learning.
We are committed to working positively with parents, carers, nurseries, schools and partnership agencies to:
- provide high quality support for children with ASN
- reduce barriers to learning
- maximise achievement
You can find out about accessing additional support for learning services through your child's nursery or school.
Our educational support services include:
- pre-school support service
- autistic spectrum disorders
- hearing impairment
- English as an additional language
- gypsy travellers
- young children with more complex additional support needs
- social, emotional and behavioural support needs
EPS has an advisory role within the council, and supports children and young people, their families and their carers, school staff and others working with children and young people.