Young people invited to careers event
Young people in Midlothian and their families are being invited to a special event to find out more about opportunities in the construction and engineering industry.
The Midlothian Industry Insight Event is being held on Wednesday 20 November at Newbattle Community Campus between 4.30 and 6.30pm. It's aimed at young people from S3 and above who have an interest in or want to find out more about construction and engineering.
The event has been organised by Developing the Young Workforce (DYW) and Midlothian Council and is also open to parents and educational staff.
Range of occupations
A whole range of occupations come under the term ‘construction and engineering’ including: engineer, joiner, electrician, stone mason, architect, CAD technician and plant operator.
What’s on offer
- Workshops delivered by employers and Edinburgh College
- Speakers from the construction and engineering industry
- Information on the career opportunities available and pathways
- Chance to meet with employers
Transport can be provided if required to and from the school the young person attends. Arrangements can also be made for their parents or carers to travel with them if desired.
- Contact the regional DYW team at [email protected] or
- Phone 0131 221 2999 (Option 9).