High hedge notices
The High Hedges (Scotland) Act 2013 aims to solve problems with high hedges.
We can only take action when neighbours can't solve the issue privately. If this is the case you may apply for a High Hedges Notice. We will process such applications according to the Act, and will take action if appropriate.
The fee for submitting a High Hedges Notice application to Midlothian Council is £300.
Begin your application by downloading the form from the ePlanning.scot website.
The Scottish Government has produced Guidance Relating to the Act. This guidance should be read alongside the document Hedge height and light loss, published by The Office of the Deputy Prime Minister in 2014.
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Planning enforcement
- Change to boundary between Gorebridge and District and Moorfoot Community Councils
- Planning Performance Framework Report
- Ironmills Steps - A1 Layout
- The Bush Framework Masterplan
- Draft Special Landscape Areas Supplementary Guidance
- Planning Performance Framework 2017-2018
- MLDP Approved Supplementary Guidance
- Signed Diversion Order
- Mauricewood - Signed Notice of Coming into Operation of Order 05 09 2018
- Shawfair New Primary and Secondary School Planning Consultation drop in session