Housing Land Audit
Midlothian Council carries out annual Housing Land Audits. They establish the availability of effective housing land at the time of production, and for the next 5 years and beyond.
They also indicate the progress of sites through the planning process, house completions and a programme for development. This ensures that there is always enough effective housing land for at least 5 years.
The Housing Land Audit is produced in consultation with house-builders, their representative body - Homes for Scotland - and infrastructure providers.
Housing Land Audit 2022
This covers the financial year: 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022.
- View sites that make up the Housing Land Audit 2022 (interactive map)
- Housing sites completed since 2014/15 (interactive map)
- HLA interactive maps - user guide (PDF)
Is there anything wrong with this page?
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Planning enforcement
- Planning advice and guidance
- Midlothian Local Plan (2008) (superseded)
- Planning Performance Framework Report
- Landscape Capacity Study for Wind Turbine Development
- MLDP Report of Examination
- MLDP Associated Documents
- Planning Performance Framework reports
- MLDP Approved Supplementary Guidance
- Special Landscape Areas
- Employment Land Audit
- Planning service update
- Planning Performance Framework 2021 - 2022