Environmental Health Services
We have a wide range of legal duties to do with looking after the health and wellbeing of people living and working in Midlothian.
Many of these duties are carried out by Environmental Health Officers and specialist staff.
We work in many areas which directly affect public health including:
- Quality of the homes where people live
- Private water supplies
- Safety of places where people work
- Hygiene of places where people eat and where food is produced
- Reducing the causes and effects of air pollution
- Control of infectious diseases
- Problems of noise pollution
- Care over the redevelopment of contaminated land
- Registration of landlords
- Pest and dog control.