Cycling in Midlothian
Cycling road safety and etiquette
When cycling please keep yourself and other road users safe by following some basic rules.
- Keep your bike in good working order.
- Wear bright clothing when cycling on the road.
- Do not use portable music devices or mobile phones whilst cycling.
- Wear a cycle helmet.
- Be courteous.
- Always follow the Highway Code
- Be aware that some people are hard of hearing or visually impaired.
- Don't assume that you can be seen or heard.
- Always ring your bell to alert other road users of your approach
- Acknowledge people who give way to you.
If you note any potholes, road defects or street lighting faults, please report them to Road Services.
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Blue badge application form
- Borders Railway maps
- Road safety and action plans
- Transport Strategy
- Cycle Midlothian - bike friendly places
- Cycling around Midlothian map
- Cycling fact sheet
- Midlothian Council Travel Plan
- Bus network maps
- Let's Rock road traffic restrictions
- Midlothian Active Travel Strategy Map
- Cuiken Multi-User additional footpath off Rullion Road
- Access Route off Terregles
- Access Route off Cuiken Terrace
- 2 SCOTS
- TTRN World Mental Health Day Parade
- Hunterfield Road, Gorebridge - Temporary Road Closure Phase 2 Plan
- Women's Tour of Scotland cycle race