Cycling in Midlothian
Cycling is one of the most affordable, environmentally-friendly, and healthiest ways of travelling. It can often be the quickest form of transport. Whether for commuting, leisure, or sport, cycling is an enjoyable activity that keeps you fit, gets you from A to B Quickly and cheaply and is suitable for all ages and abilities.
Midlothian has many designated cycleways.
- Midlothian cycle map (PDF)
- Recreational cycle routes in Midlothian
- Town walking and cycling maps
- Cycling fact sheet (PDF)
- Cycling is the third most popular recreational activity in the UK.
- An estimated 3.1 million people ride a bicycle each month.
- It is one of the easiest ways to fit exercise into your daily routine because it is also a form of transport.
- Cycling is a low impact form of exercise, so it's easier on your joints than running or other high impact aerobic activities. But it still gets you in shape.
- Cycling is good for the environment, helping reduce air and noise pollution and traffic congestion.
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Blue badge application form
- Borders Railway maps
- Road safety and action plans
- Transport Strategy
- Cycle Midlothian - bike friendly places
- Cycling around Midlothian map
- Cycling fact sheet
- Midlothian Council Travel Plan
- Bus network maps
- Let's Rock road traffic restrictions
- Midlothian Council Active Travel Strategy (draft) 2018-2021
- Midlothian Active Travel Strategy Map
- Midstock Festival 2018 - TTRO Notice
- Cuiken Multi-User additional footpath off Rullion Road
- Access Route off Terregles
- Access Route off Cuiken Terrace
- 2 SCOTS
- TTRN World Mental Health Day Parade