What we are going to do to cut crime in Midlothian
Community Justice is...
- a way to stop crime.
- about helping people to become good citizens.
- about making people feel part of the area that they live in.
What you told us
In September 2016 we asked you what could be done to stop people breaking the law. 122 people told us what they thought. This is what you told us:
- Most people didn’t know about Community Justice
- A lot of people said seeing more police in places that they live would stop people breaking the law.
- You will tell the police about anything that looks like someone is breaking the law.
- People that have to do unpaid work should learn things to help them stop breaking the law again.
You said that you think that these things will help to stop crime
- Help people to stop taking drugs.
- Help young people behave better.
- Help people who have been abused.
- Help people with mental health problems.
What we will do
- Tell you more about what the unpaid work team does.
- Tell you more about what can be done to cut crime.
- Ask you about what matters to you.
- Make sure staff get the training they need.
- Work together and share information.
- Do work in schools to stop violence to women and girls.
- Do work in schools to help young people behave better.
- Make sure people do not have to wait a long time for help with problems like drugs and drink.
- Do work to stop young people breaking the law.
- Help offenders to make changes in their life.
- Make sure people getting out of prison get their medicine, benefits and know about health services.
- Get the unpaid work team to do things in places where they are needed most.
- Get the unpaid work team to do things to help people stop breaking the law again.
- Help people getting out of prison to have somewhere to live.
The full plan tells more about what we are going to do and when we are going to do it by. We will tell you every year what we are doing, and will also tell the Scottish Government what we have done.
What do you do now?
Download the Community Justice Outcomes Improvement Plan 2017-2020 (PDF)
The Community Safety and Justice Partnership are on:
Follow us to hear what is happening.
Is there anything wrong with this page?