Apply for a council house
Complete a Housing application form (PDF) for either housing or sheltered housing.
Note: We have a Common Housing Register with Melville Housing Association. So you only need to fill in one form to be housed by either the Council or Melville Housing Association. Anyone aged 16 or over can apply for a house.
The date we receive your application and any supporting evidence will be the day that you are accepted on to the housing waiting list. To find out how houses are allocated, read our Allocation Policy (PDF).
We will write to you with the result of your application. We aim to do this within 28 days, but it may take longer if we need to ask you for more information.
Change in circumstances
If your circumstances change, or you wish to change your application form after it has been handed in, you must complete a Change of circumstances form (PDF) as soon as possible. Let us know if you:
- change your address (you will be removed from the waiting list if we can't contact you)
- move into a private rented property
- have a baby.
You can choose as many areas as you wish when applying for housing. The housing areas shown on the map of council housing (PDF) are:
- Auchendinny including Glencorse
- North Middleton
- Penicuik East
- Penicuik West
Help us improve our site
- Housing Allocation
- Housing Application
- Mutual Exchange application
- Housing map
- Housing Benefit and Council Tax reduction claim form
- Tenants Today
- Temporary Times
- Annual Return on the Social Housing Charter
- Tenant Participation and Customer Engagement Strategy 2012 - 2015
- Tenant Satisfaction Survey 2014 results
- Estate walkabout reports 2016
- Estate walkabout reports 2015
- Resident led estate walkabouts 2017