Council tenancy

Tenancy agreement

Your tenancy agreement is a contract between you and the council.

On starting your tenancy you will be issued with a tenancy agreement along with a Tenants Handbook which contains useful information that you may need during your tenancy.

Termination of tenancy

Apply to terminate your council tenancy using the online form. You will need to give 28 days notice.

If you are married, in a civil partnership or live with a partner, we will need their agreement before ending the tenancy.