Community Asset Transfer
Community Asset Transfer is the transfer of responsibility for an asset from the Council to a community group or organisation.
Part 5 of The Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015 sets out the key rights and duties, and provides a framework for the Asset Transfer process.
Before you make a formal transfer request
Preparing a business case for a formal Asset Transfer Request can be a big task. To save you time and effort, we use a form to assess whether a potential formal request is likely to succeed.
- Read the Scottish Government guidelines
- Complete the form to express an interest in Community Asset Transfer
Ready to make a formal asset transfer request?
Community asset map
Use this map to:
- return the details for a specific property.
- list the properties in your area.
- view any location within the council by specifying an address or postcode.
- view data at a glance, zoom and move around the map, or see the council as a whole.
The information is compiled from the properties on the council's valuation list. It excludes social accommodation and commercially leased properties.
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Community Planning structure and profile
- Neighbourhood plans
- Neighbourhood profiles
- Single Midlothian Plan
- Community directories
- Corporate Parent Strategy
- Armed Forces Community Covenant
- Community Planning - Strategic Assessment
- Participatory budgeting
- Participation requests: outcome improvement plans
- Action Plans
- Community Asset Transfer - council properties
- Annual development day papers 2017
- Community Council documents
- Community Council boundary maps
- Community Planning Partnership 2017-18 performance scorecard
- Draft recommendations on the new council grants programme 2019-21