Community Asset Transfer
Community Asset Transfer is the transfer of responsibility for an asset from the Council to a community group or organisation.
Part 5 of The Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015 sets out the key rights and duties, and provides a framework for the Asset Transfer process.
Before you make a formal transfer request
Preparing a business case for a formal Asset Transfer Request can be a big task. To save you time and effort, we use a form to assess whether a potential formal request is likely to succeed.
- Read the Scottish Government guidelines
- Check the Asset Transfer Model Documents
- Read our FAQs (PDF)
- Check the Community Ownership Support Service website
- Complete the form to express an interest in Community Asset Transfer
Ready to make a formal asset transfer request?
Community asset map
Use this map to:
- return the details for a specific property.
- list the properties in your area.
- view any location within the council by specifying an address or postcode.
- view data at a glance, zoom and move around the map, or see the council as a whole.
The information is compiled from the properties on the council's valuation list. It excludes social accommodation and commercially leased properties.
Current asset transfer requests
- None at present
Concluded asset transfer requests
- Loanhead After School Club - the Link Community Garden
- Bonnyrigg After School Club - Poltonhall Bowling Site
- Loanhead After School Club - Rosewell Pavilion
- St David's Brass Band SCIO - Vogrie Hall
- Asset Transfer Report 2020/21 (PDF)
- Asset Transfer Report 2019/20 (PDF)
- Asset Transfer Report 2018/19 (PDF)
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Community Council documents
- Community Planning Board minutes
- Single Midlothian Plan 2021-22 (PDF)
- Young Person's Guarantee Employability Funding Application Form 2021-22
- Young Person's Guarantee Employability Funding Criteria and Guidance 2021
- Survey on Single Midlothian Plan Priorities 2021-2022 - Autumn 2020 survey results (PDF)
- Midlothian Community Planning Partnership Board - note of meeting 17 June 2021
- Single Midlothian Plan Summary - 2021-22 (PDF)
- Midlothian Statutory Community Learning and Development Plan 2021 to 2024
- Community Asset Transfer Request - St David's Brass Band SCIO
- Winter 2021 Citizens' Panel survey results (PDF)
- Dalkeith Walkabout Guide - Have Your Say