Upcoming Supplementary Guidance
Draft supplementary guidance
The Midlothian Local Development Plan includes the commitment to produce Supplementary Guidance on a range of topic areas, which provide additional detail to policies in the plan. Draft of these documents will be published for public consultation over the next year.
Special Landscape Areas
Special Landscape Areas (SLAs) are areas which are recognised locally as having landscape of value which merit special attention. Designation as a SLA is intended to help manage these landscapes to maintain and enhance their special character.
The consultation on the draft Green Network Supplementary Guidance closed on Wednesday 6 June.
The draft supplementary guidance includes the Statements of Importance for each of the seven Special Landscape Areas identified in the Midlothian Local Development Plan 2017. These statements include information about why the area is being designated, a description of the area’s landscape qualities and what needs to be considered if proposing development in the area.
Download as pdf:
Green Network Supplementary Guidance
This draft supplementary guidance sets out where the Green Network can be improved and extended, particularly in areas where significant new development is planned.
The consultation on the draft Green Network Supplementary Guidance closed on Tuesday 3 April.
The Green Network includes:
- rivers, ponds and lakes.
It provides space for people and wildlife, improving the quality of the environment in and around our towns and villages.
Download as a PDF:
- Green Network Draft Supplementary Guidance (PDF)
- Green Network SG Plan - Bonnyrigg, Lasswade, Poltonhall, Rosewell (PDF)
- Green Network SG Plan - Dalkeith, Eskbank, Newbattle (PDF)
- Green Network SG Plan - Easthouses, Mayfield, Newtongrange, Gorebridge (PDF)
- Green Network SG Plan - Loanhead, Straiton, Bilston, Roslin (PDF)
- Green Network SG Plan - Penicuik, Auchendinny (PDF)
- Green Network SG Plan - Shawfair, Danderhall (PDF
You can view a copy at Fairfield House reception and in all Midlothian libraries.
To discuss any aspect of the draft Green Network guidance please contact officers from our Planning Team:
- Emma Hay: 0131 270 6753 or email@example.com
- Grant Ballantine: 0131 271 3429 or firstname.lastname@example.org