What's on over the summer holidays
Snowsports at Hillend
- Tubing Pay 'n' Play
Until 18 August
£8.40 (Junior) and £10.40 (Adult) for one hour. Buy tickets on the day.
Free swimming for under 18s
Monday to Friday, 10:30am to 4:30pm (last entry 3:30), except during swimming lessons. Check with the centre first.
- Sessions are 1 hour and for Midlothian residents only.
- Over 16s must be in full time education (proof required).
- Sessions with inflatables or Aqua Aerobics are still chargeable.
- Pool rules for under 8's apply.
Contact the centre reception for more details.
Active Midlothian summer programme
For kids of all ages: multi-sports, football, rugby, snowsports and diving camps; tubing sessions; swimming lessons and free swimming; Teenzone sessions; and a National Pool Life Guard Qualification course.
Tyne Valley, Vogrie Country Park
- Vogrie Country Park
- Countryside and woodland parks
- Walking and cycling
- Midlothian Outdoor Festival, 10 to 18 August 2019
Ranger Service events
Space Chase: the Summer Reading Challenge 2019
Prepare for lift off as we travel across the galaxy on a very special reading mission.
If you're in primary school, read any 6 books, as long as you borrow them from the library. Get a reward for each book you finish, and a certificate when you complete the Challenge. Use the Space Chase website to chat with other readers, enter competitions, write book reviews, and more.
Events at your local library
- Dalkeith Library
- Danderhall Library
- Gorebridge Library
- Lasswade Library
- Loanhead Library
- Newbattle Library
- Newtongrange Library
- Penicuik Library
- Roslin Library
More stuff to do in Midlothian
- Have you seen the attractions in Midlothian that are open all year?
- Things to do, on Visit Midlothian