Council Tax reduction

Council Tax reduction review

Review of reduction decision

You can ask us to review our decision about your claim for a Council Tax reduction. You will need to write to us. Make sure you tell us the reason why you think our decision is wrong. You must do this within two months of our decision.

We will reply in writing within two months. 

If we review your eligibility for a reduction, we will look at:

  • your income
  • how much you need to live on based on your circumstances 

The council works out how much you need to live on using standard figures set by the government.

Independent review

If you're unhappy with our review decision, you can ask for a further review.

Apply directly to the Council Tax Reduction Review Panel (CTRRP) using the application form on the CTRRP website.

Return it directly to the panel at:

Council Tax Reduction Review Panel
Europa Building
450 Argyle Street
G2 8LH

This independent body can also carry out a review if we fail to do so within two months of your request.

Further information on how to apply for a review: