There is a wide range of housing options available to people in Midlothian, including help to remain in your current home and moving to another home.
- Apply for a Council House
- Mutual Exchange
- Renting from a Housing Association
- Private rented accommodation
- Mid Market Rent (MMR)
- Housing options for older people
Help to stay in your home
- Help to pay the rent (Council Tenants)
- Help to pay your rent (Private Tenants)
- Adapting your home
- Help in your home
Midlothian Council Housing Options Service
If you would like to discuss your housing circumstances, and the options available to you, we can arrange an interview with a trained advisor.
To arrange an appointment contact:
- 0808 196 2292
The interview will be an opportunity to review your circumstances and to advise you of the next steps to address your housing difficulties. We recommend you bring as much information as possible to the appointment this can include:
- Proof of identity
- Tenancy agreement
- Letters from your landlord or lender
- Any legal documents you have received
- Bank statements
- Details of any income or benefits you receive
Our service standards leaflet explains what you can expect from the service.
Self assessment wizard
Use our Housing Options Self Assessment Tool to explore your options in more detail. This will create a personalised action plan for you, based on the information you provide.