Apply for a building warrant

Find a building professional to act as your agent

Unless you are familiar with the Building Regulations, and can draw accurate plans to scale, we strongly recommend you hire a suitably qualified building professional as your agent. It is often quicker and more cost effective if you employ an experienced agent.

Typical professionals who could act as an agent on your behalf are:

  • Architects
  • Architectural technicians
  • Building engineers
  • Surveyors
  • Building companies
  • Conservatory and windows/doors companies

Depending on your proposed work, you may also require the services of a structural engineer, or other building professionals.

We cannot recommend agents, but the Midlothian Business Directory lists local businesses offering professional services: