Apply for a building warrant
Temporary changes to our service
The eBuilding Standards portal can be used for new building warrant applications.
Electronic submissions include:
- Application for building warrant
- Application for amendment of building warrant
- Completion certificate where no building warrant obtained submission
- Notice regarding start of work
- Notice of intension to use an approved certifier of construction
- Application to extend validity of building warrant
- Completion certificate submission
- Application for temporary occupation or use
- Additional supporting documentation (detailed on the Construction Compliance and Notification Plan, CCNP)
Guidance on how to complete your electronic submission, and how to pay any fee, is available on the portal.
Guidance on preparing an application
- Preparing a building warrant application - electronic submission (PDF)
- Structural information to accompany a building warrant application (PDF)
For all building warrant applications in the Gorebridge geographical defined area, refer to:
The work detailed in your building warrant application must be shown to comply with the Scottish Building Regulations.
You can also continue to submit a paper application and fee to Midlothian Council.