Midlothian’s Young People Awards 2020
Midlothian’s Young People Awards 2019 winners and runners up at Penicuik House, with the Lord Lieutenant, Sir Robert M Clerk Bt OBE
Celebrate our amazing young people!
Midlothian’s Young People Awards recognise and celebrate the achievements of young people in our community.
The Award categories
Before nominating someone, please read about the categories. There are five categories, reflecting various activities that benefit Midlothian.
Caring and Volunteering
To recognise young people who volunteer in caring activities within Midlothian. This includes those who:
- care for or help a relative, neighbour or friend in need
- volunteer for a local charity supporting children, disadvantaged or older people
- raise money for charities supporting people in need in the local and wider community.
Local Community Award
Making a difference to a town, village or local area. This involves:
- a strong commitment to nature, conservation, history or an environmental project
- or supporting a youth group as a leader or volunteer
- or raising money for a community organisation.
Sport and Physical Activity Award
Success and/or outstanding improvement or achievement in:
- an individual or team sport, or physical activity
- or dedication to training
- or coaching a youth team, or developing them in their particular activity
- or overcoming personal barriers to achievement.
The Arts and Culture Award
- in performance, visual arts, music, singing, dance, creative arts and media
- or overcoming personal barriers to achievement in the arts
- or supporting/leading an arts group
- or demonstrating an outstanding commitment to promoting the arts.
Achievement in Learning Award
To recognise young people in education (school, college, youth work, training etc.) who show commitment to developing skills for work, and care about the future of young people in Midlothian.
The Midlothian Prize
One nominee will be chosen in recognition of their outstanding contribution to Midlothian as a whole.
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Community Planning structure and profile
- Neighbourhood plans
- Neighbourhood profiles
- Single Midlothian Plan documents
- Community directories
- Corporate Parent Strategy
- Grants funding
- Armed Forces Community Covenant
- Community Planning - Strategic Assessment
- Participation requests: outcome improvement plans
- Community Asset Transfer - council properties
- Community Council documents
- Community Council boundary maps
- Community Planning Partnership 2017-18 performance scorecard
- Draft recommendations on the new council grants programme 2019-21
- Midlothian Community Planning Partnership Citizen's Panel Survey Reports
- Community Planning Board minutes
- Volunteering with Midlothian Council (PDF)
- Working with you, for you - local group feedback
- Town Centre Capital Fund - Application Form
- Town Centre Capital Fund - Application Guidelines
- Child Poverty Action Reports
- Community Planning Research and Information Group
- Allotment regulations