Midlothian’s Young People Awards
Nominations are now open.
Midlothian’s Young People Awards (MYPA) provide a unique chance to recognise and celebrate the many and varied achievements of our young people, aged from 8 to 26, within our communities. Now in their fifth year, the Awards are organised by:
- Midlothian Young Ambassadors
- Midlothian Council
- the Lord-Lieutenant of Midlothian.
The Award categories
Before nominating someone, please read about the categories. There are five categories, reflecting various activities that benefit Midlothian. The themes of participation, enterprise and regeneration are common throughout the categories.
Caring and Volunteering (participation)
To recognise young people who volunteer in caring activities within Midlothian. This includes those who:
- care for or help a relative, neighbour or friend in need
- or volunteer for a local charity supporting children, disadvantaged or older people
- or raise money for charities supporting people in need in the local and wider community.
Local Community Award (regeneration)
Making a difference to a town, village or local area. This involves:
- a strong commitment to nature, conservation, history or an environmental project
- or supporting a youth group as a leader or volunteer
- or raising money for a community organisation.
Sport and Physical Activity Award (participation)
Success and/or outstanding improvement or achievement in:
- an individual or team sport, or physical activity
- or dedication to training
- or coaching a youth team, or developing them in their particular activity
- or overcoming personal barriers to achievement.
The Arts and Culture Award (enterprise and participation)
- in performance, visual arts, music, singing, dance, creative arts and media
- or overcoming personal barriers to achievement in the arts
- or supporting/leading an arts group
- or demonstrating an outstanding commitment to promoting the arts.
Achievement in Learning Award (enterprise and participation)
To recognise young people in education (school, college, youth work, training etc.) who show commitment to developing skills for work, and care about the future of young people in Midlothian.
The Midlothian Prize (regeneration, enterprise and participation)
One nominee will be chosen in recognition of their outstanding contribution to Midlothian as a whole.
Midlothian’s Young People Awards 2023 are kindly sponsored by:
- McTaggart Scott
- Procure Wizard
- The Access Group.