Staff from the NHS, Midlothian Council Social Care and the Third Sector work together to support people with dementia, their carers and family.
We have a range of staff who can support you, including:
- Consultant Psychiatrists
- Psychiatric Nurses
- Social Workers
- Community Care Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Support Workers.
We work closely with local Third Sector organisations including Alzheimer Scotland, The Red Cross and VOCAL carer’s centre.
5 Pillars of Support
We use the 5 Pillars of Support framework to help you live as well as possible with dementia, and prepare for the future.
- Understanding dementia and managing symptoms
- Peer support
- Supporting community connections
- Future decision making
- Planning for future care
We also provide ideas for:
- NHS 24 Help Line: 111
- Adult Social Care: 0131 271 3900
- Emergency out of hours social work: 0131 200 2324
- Voices of Carer Across Lothian (VOCAL): 0131 663 6869
- Alzheimer Scotland: 0131 654 1114 or 24hr Helpline: 0800 808 3000
If you, or someone you care for, has a diagnosis of dementia, call 0131 537 9979:
- Monday to Thursday, 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Friday, 9:00am to 3:30pm.
Outwith these hours, contact NHS 24.
Contact your GP if you, or a person you care for, has memory problems but no diagnosis of dementia.
Is there anything wrong with this page?