For a vehicle to be considered abandoned it must:
- be untaxed
- on the public road
- not be on private property
- not have moved for at least two weeks.
Complete our online form if you think a vehicle may be abandoned and we will investigate.
Please provide this information:
- Exact location
- Make and model
- Registration (if any)
- Your details
- Any other information that may be relevant.
If a vehicle is taxed and not causing obstructions, it is not regarded as abandoned and we cannot deal with it.
Help us improve our site
- Public roads in Midlothian
- Road occupation permit application forms
- Skip permit application form
- Road excavation application forms and specifications
- Tables and chairs application form
- Roads and pavements standards
- Application forms to construct a new road
- Winter service policy & operational plan
- Cycling - commuting by bike.
- Businesses and organisations welcoming cyclists in Midlothian
- Road Services standard drawings
- Road safety and action plans
- Midlothian priority gritting routes
- Disabled persons parking places
- Winter parking restrictions
- Grit bins in Midlothian