Roads we maintain
These are called adopted roads. They do not include private roads or the main trunk roads that connect major cities.
We update this list every 3 months and believe the information is accurate at the time of publishing. The list was updated in November 2017. If you think any of the information is incorrect, please contact us.
In Midlothian the trunk roads are:
- A720 City Bypass
The Scottish Government has responsibility for the trunk road network. Their roads agency Transport Scotland has contracted out the maintenance of Midlothian's trunk roads to Amey.
- Tel 0800 042 0188
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Public roads in Midlothian
- Road occupation permit application forms
- Skip permit application form
- Road excavation application forms and specifications
- Tables and chairs application form
- Roads and pavements standards
- Application forms to construct a new road
- Winter service policy & operational plan
- Cycling - commuting by bike.
- Businesses and organisations welcoming cyclists in Midlothian
- Road Services standard drawings
- Road safety and action plans
- Priority gritting routes map
- Disabled persons parking places
- Winter parking restrictions
- Grit bins in Midlothian