Skip permits

Before delivery, skip hire companies must have a permit for where a skip is to be placed on a public road.

Under Section 85 of the Road Scotland Act (1984), anyone depositing a builder's skip on any public carriageway, footway, verge, remote footway, or cycleway, requires permission from Midlothian Council.

The person hiring the skip must obtain the permit. A fixed penalty notice will apply if a skip is deposited on a public road without prior permission.

Apply for a permit

Road Services in Dalkeith issue skip permits.

Price: £59 from 1 April 2024

For more details please contact us.

5 working days is the minimum required to process applications.

Your privacy

To find out how we collect, use, and share your personal information, read our privacy notice.