Before delivery, skip hire companies must have a permit for where a skip is to be placed on a public road.
Under Section 85 of the Road Scotland Act (1984), anyone depositing a builder's skip on any public carriageway, footway, verge, remote footway, or cycleway, requires permission from Midlothian Council.
The person hiring the skip must obtain the permit. A fixed penalty notice will apply if a skip is deposited on a public road without prior permission.
Apply for a permit
Road Services in Dalkeith issue skip permits.
Price: £54 from 1 April 2023
For more details please contact us.
5 working days is the minimum required to process applications.
To find out how we collect, use, and share your personal information, read our privacy notice.
Is there anything wrong with this page?
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Public roads in Midlothian
- Road occupation permit application forms
- Road excavation application forms and specifications
- Tables and chairs application form
- Roads and pavements standards
- Application forms to construct a new road
- Winter service policy and operational plan
- Cycling - commuting by bike
- Businesses and organisations welcoming cyclists in Midlothian
- Road Services standard drawings
- Road safety and action plans
- Priority gritting routes map
- Disabled persons parking places
- Winter parking restrictions