Council housing repairs

Qualifying repairs

The scheme covers certain repairs up to the value of £350. Repairs covered are:

  • unsafe power or lighting sockets or electrical fittings
  • loss or partial loss of electric power
  • loss or partial loss of gas supply
  • a blocked flue to an open fire or boiler
  • external windows, doors or locks which are not secure
  • loss or partial loss of space or water heating if no alternative heating is available
  • toilets which do not flush (if there is no other toilet in the house)
  • blocked or leaking foul drains, soil stacks or toilet pans (if there is no other toilet in the house)
  • a blocked sink, bath or basin
  • loss or part loss of water supply
  • significant leaking or flooding from a water or heating pipe, tank or cistern;
  • unsafe rotten timber flooring or stair treads
  • unsafe access to a path or step
  • loose or detached bannisters or handrails; and
  • a broken mechanical extractor fan in a kitchen or bathroom which has no external window or door

We will be able to tell you if a repair you need is included in the scheme. We will also tell you:

  • the maximum time the repair must be done in
  • how we deal with repairs that are not covered by the scheme.